about 1 month ago
Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £38,000 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
The Energy Policy Manager’s key responsibilities are:
1. Developing SSEN Transmission’s energy policy with the initial focus on offshore wind Developing, adapting and delivering innovative policy at pace for net-zero requirements.
2. Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders in the fields relevant to Energy policy and represent SSEN Transmission in national events and forums.
3. Adapting to our stakeholder needs, policy and legislative changes to deliver the best outcome for our end customer, the GB consumer (electricity bill payers).
4. Develop, implement and advocate for SSEN Transmission’s energy policy positions in relation to the timely, cost effective delivery of the onshore and offshore transmission system necessary to meet net-zero targets.
5. To support the Strategy officer in project management and investment case activities including being a proud member of the strategy team
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. An understanding of the Energy industry, gained from experience as well as through social/professional networking and experience within a similar energy policy and/or business development role
2. Solid understanding of the impact of changing markets and competitor behaviours as well other influences in the business environment including: economic developments, regulation, policy, politics, environmental and customer/societal behaviour. Including a confident, adaptive and innovative approach to policy development.
3. Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to internal and external audiences on business-critical content as well as the ability to lead and manage a cross functional projects team in a matrix environment as well as coach and develop other team members.
4. Experience of economic analysis and/or economic market regulation in capital investment. Rigorous and thorough in carrying out research and analysis, seeking multiple data sources and opinions, and from this establishing well-reasoned conclusions, proposals and recommendations.
5. Ability to operate out with field of expertise, confidently engaging with technical, financial and engineering specialists to gather relevant information.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero. We do this by taking the electricity from generators and transporting it at high voltages over long distances through our transmission network for onwards distribution to homes and businesses in villages, towns and cities.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online (it’s a simple CV and cover letter), and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact -******* or--******
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.