12 months ago
: Aug 19, 2019
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
: Risk Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Market Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market risk exposures arising from EMEA and UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Vice President to work in its Market Risk Analytics team. The team is responsible for the development of market risk methodology and market risk models, which feed directly into the firm’s internal and regulatory capital calculations and risk management frameworks.
The role will cover cross asset class projects including regulatory projects such as Solvent Wind Down and will be reporting directly to the EMEA and UK Group Head of Market Risk Analytics. The team consists of 14 people across London and Budapest. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well at both the regional and global level.
Core responsibilities include:
• Development, enhancement and maintenance of market risk models (VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM and RNIV) to ensure ongoing appropriateness.
• Contribution to key regulatory deliverables and programs as well as analysis and interpretation of key regulatory requirements.
• Perform ongoing monitoring and evaluation of market risk models, review existing models to ensure they remain fit for purpose and make improvements where necessary.
• Collaborate closely with the model validation team to understand validation findings and remediate any identified issue
• Collaborate with the other teams (data, IT, change management) to ensure that model changes are appropriately implemented.
• Document models and associated developmental analysis, present results to partners and stakeholders
• Manage, guide and train more junior members of the team
Skills required (essential)
• An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as quantitative finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
• Deep understanding of quantitative risk including good knowledge of financial products and their risk representation.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering enhancements to risk models, ability to produce high quality, accurate work, under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent mathematical, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong programming skills and demonstrable experience in coding numerical methods and algorithms, data analysis and manipulation.
• Advanced knowledge of at least one prototyping programming language ( e.g. Python, R) and preferably experience/knowledge of professional development concepts and technologies and modern development toolchain
• Strong communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentations and ability to explain complicated concepts clearly to business partners and present proposals in a clear and precise manner.
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 15/08/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.