4 months ago
* Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 18005130
To design, build and implement complex network and firewall solutions according to new business requirements using defined Citi corporate standards.
Citigroup has one of the largest global financial data networks in the world and within EMEA specifically, spans over 50 countries. This role is required to design, build and implement new network solutions on this environment, which includes Data Centres/CO-LO’s, Trade Floors, Campus/Branches and Perimeter/B2B environments.
• Create detailed Network Design Documents which conform to corporate standards and from them create detailed Build Packages which include configurations, implementation plans, test plans.
• Oversee the deployment of Build Packages on the corporate data network.
• For larger multi-discipline initiatives, you will be required to represent and deliver the network element of the project following the defined process, while providing effective liaison between other technology owners.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise for defined network products and technologies.
• Assist with knowledge transfer of new products to other members of your own team plus other teams where necessary.
• Assist in the development of and implementation of processes to allow repeatable designs with the view of provisioning automation and efficiencies.
• Opportunity to get an in depth understanding of Citigroup’s Network Infrastructure.
• Opportunity to carry out projects in one of the largest networks in the world.
• Opportunity to work with highly skilled network engineers with varied skills sets.
• Proven experience working with network and security products from multiple vendors, including Cisco, Arista and Juniper.
• Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following routing protocols: EIGRP, IGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP.
• Experience of using WANs (T1s, T3s, Frame Relay, ISDN, MPLS etc) Fast Ethernet, Gigabit and DWDM.
• Strong working knowledge of IP, IPsec and VPNs.
• Experience of using Multicast in a Cisco environment.
• Familiar with Voice Gateways, IPT and VOIP beneficial.
• Preferably worked within large financial or banking network operations team.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
• Analyse and solve business or technical problems.
• Ability to effectively communicate to internal clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
• Willingness to stay on the leading edge of technology by learning new techniques
• PC Literate (word, excel, PowerPoint)
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional or higher certification preferred
• Project/Program Management and/or IT consulting experience in Banking Technology.
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification preferred
• Working knowledge of IT systems related to corporate and consumer banking.
• Analytical and process skills with the ability to influence and manage customer expectations.
• Strong presentation, negotiation, facilitation and problem solving skills.
• Customer Focused
• A confident self starter
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to influence others
• Flexible to react to changing priorities
• Ability to multi task
• Good Team Player
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer