9 months ago
31 May 2018
40 hours per week
Welwyn Garden City (Remus)
Ocado Technology is at the forefront of revolutionizing online retail market with its highly advanced automated warehouses using robotics, artificial intelligence, advanced sensors, data analytics and machine learning. At the core of our online retail solution, known as Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), are self-autonomous and self-guided robots that are automating the operations in our grocery warehouses. Our robots move with ultraprecision using advanced sensors, automating the process of picking and carrying bulky items to fulfil customer orders and assisting warehouse workers in real-time.
You will be part of a talented team working closely across domains to solve challenging and exciting technical problems while pushing boundaries within our Robotics and Autonomous Systems Department. You will be developing high-quality solutions that will fuel these robots through various stages of its life cycle.
What will you be doing?
* Designing and developing robust and highly reliable low level embedded software on STM32 MCU’s.
* Implementing and maintaining high-quality software on Linux using testing framework, object-oriented event-based programming and best coding practices.
* Collaborating across teams to improve and enhance performance of our robots and tools used to run and maintain these systems.
What can you bring to this role?
* Experience working with Object Oriented C.
* Proficiency in problem-solving and debugging skills.
* Good understanding of real-time systems and embedded SoC architectures (ex: ARM Cortex).
* Knowledge of STM32 peripherals and various communication protocols.
* Experience with developing test suites/ framework/ unit tests.
* Knowledge/ experience working with sensors, motion control systems or other real-time systems with control feedback.
* Debugging hardware using oscilloscopes, JTAG, serial comms.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in mechatronics, robotics, electrical engineering or a related field.
* Knowledge of build system design using one or several of - Cmake, Make, Maven, bash/ shell/ python scripting.
* Basic knowledge of SQL, Python.
At Ocado, we strive hard to create an environment that nurtures your talent and values your contributions. If several of these requirements seem to fit your skillset and you are passionate about solving complex problems, driven by enthusiasm to work and learn continuously in a dynamic evolving team and enjoy exploring your creativity, we would like to hear from you.
What can we offer you?
Within our flexible work environment, we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.