9 months ago
An opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our exciting and innovative electronics engineering team. This role will require the individual to input to product design, improvements and innovation, producing cutting edge electronics for global use in the arena of pipeline inspection tools. The basis of the hardware is parallel high-performance computers based on microprocessors and FPGAs.
* Develop mixed-signal (Analogue/Digital) electronics designs to interface sensors and transducers
* Develop electronics hardware in general, such as power supply boards, complex data processing boards and test equipment
* Ensure design and development of products that satisfy customers’ technical requirements and meet both time-scale and budgetary constraints
* Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose
* Produce high quality product documentation according to ISO 9000 and ATEX
* Work closely with other Electronic, Mechanical and Software Engineers to produce state-of-the-art systems
* Supporting external customers and internal functions (sales, sourcing, etc.)
* M.Sc. or Degree-level qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Proven design project experience
* Excellent knowledge of hardware manufacturing processes, assembly and test
* Excellent CAD system knowledge
* Knowledge of analogue & digital hardware
* Excellent experience in the use of laboratory equipment, environmental, and in-field test equipment.
* Experience in trouble shooting of hardware
* Ability to work in a global, fast moving team and enthusiasm for leading-edge technology
* Ability to work self-motivated with guidance from remote Manager
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Experienced in working in a formal design environment with a version control system
* Knowledge of serial interfaces and protocols (e.g. CAN, Ethernet, LVDS etc).
* C-programming knowledge (Microcontrollers)
* VHDL knowledge
* Knowledge of ATEX design rules
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Cramlington