6 months ago
Would you like to work for a world renowned company that research, develop and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better and keep us safer? Do you want to be part of a team of leading specialists that are designing solutions that make tomorrow possible, today? Then look no further…
About the role:
Thales UK have an exciting opportunity for an motivated and talented Electronics Engineering Team Leader to work within Defence Mission Systems (DMS), specifically our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) business unit; a team dedicated to working on some of the next generation, cutting edge sonar technologies for surface ships and submarines.
Over recent years, MMS has successfully positioned itself in growth markets and has doubled in size over the past ten years; to continue to deliver and continue growth, the MMS business is introducing a new operating capability and team in our Crawley office, working in partnership with our current MMS teams in Manchester and Templecombe. This is a new and exciting venture for our business, offering excellent opportunity for new challenges, prospects for development.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
You will operate as the functional Team Lead to a dynamic and multi-disciplined Electro-Mechanical team, providing direction and effectively managing the functional team. You will report to the MMS Hardware Functional Manager and influence business decisions and contribute to the MMS Hardware Engineering performance. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager/Team Leader to take on a new challenge, building and moving forward developing a new team, supporting the growth and success of the overall Business Unit. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
* Provide technical direction to the team ensuring that technical challenges/risks are being mitigated, provide support where required.
* Plan and allocate resources to the IPTs/Projects in response to the Integrated Business Plan Demand
* Plan and ensure activities are completed in accordance with the varying programme requirements (Work package programme requirements, Bid timescales, Monthly reporting cycle etc.)
* Logically planning and input a strategy and solution to complex problems.
* Filter, prioritise and negotiate change in priorities
* Ensuring continuous, incremental process improvement of the functional team
* Develop and implementation of strategy for the development of the team and their area of responsibility
* Lead the bid input for the team and their area of responsibility.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are committed to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. This will be a lead role so it is key you have excellent organisational skills and an ability to communicate effectively and influence business decisions.
* Formal qualification ideally within Engineering or associated discipline – HNC/HND/Degree. Chartered Engineer status would be desirable
* Experience in a lead or managerial role, successfully driving electro-mechanical teams
* Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
* Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
* Experience running and a function and overseeing activities against timescales, specification and budget
* A positive “can do” mentality
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants.
* At Thales we provide careers, not just jobs. With Thales employing 62,000 people in 50 countries, our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
* Every year this is an Annual review to discuss your performance and set objectives. There is also a Professional development review annually to discuss support and training, enabling you to stay motivated on track with your goals.
* We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements. We understand that people have different circumstances and therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements/hours/part –time.
* We provide excellent benefits along with a competitive salary comprising of private medical, yearly bonus, notable pension contribution along with 201 hours holiday (27 days) plus one company day per year.
Open to any candidate who is able to provide proof of their identity, their employment history and their right to work in the UK during the recruitment process
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!