about 1 year ago
Electronics Engineer - Hardware
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The Electronics Engineer role involves specification, design and test of the electronic circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to develop and deliver the electronics for new products. You may also support Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to realise new product ideas.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
* Development of electronic circuits for new Dyson products across all product categories.
* Working in a team under the supervision of a Senior engineer: performing circuit design and analysis tasks for new designs; liaising with PCB layout engineers; participating in design reviews; performing laboratory testing and design verification.
* Collaborating with engineering design teams in the UK and South East Asia on new product developments.
* Recording and documenting your work to a high standard as defined by the Dyson engineering framework.
As an electronics engineer you will have some prior experience of electronics design, being capable of working under supervision to generate high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have some experience of design for consumer products and the product development lifecycle.
* Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
* Some experience of electronics design for product.
* Experience of working in a project team.
* Preferably some exposure to requirements for regulatory certification at the PCBA and product levels.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.