about 1 year ago
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
What are we looking for?
A fantastic opportunity has become available in Sherborne for a proactive and responsible individual to join our team as an Electronic Design Engineer. We are looking for an individual who is degree educated, and with experience of working with electrical components within the aerospace industry. Working within electronic circuitry, you will troubleshoot, validate equipment, and support in-service production.
What will you be doing every day?
• Support all facets of the design lifecycle from concept to production.
• Be competent in modern, low power digital circuit design.
• Have an understanding of low frequency analogue interface designs.
• Have a good understanding of low frequency analogue interface design.
• Work closely with other design teams to monitor requirements, produce design and test documentation and to analyse detailed designs.
• Be conversant with the production of technical procurement specifications, failure modes and effects analysis and reliability and maintainability data.
• Be competent in the use of a computer aided design package for schematic capture and simulation (Mentor would be an asset), as well as general PC based tools, including Word and Excel.
• Be required to validate special-to-type test equipment and liaise with equipment suppliers and Engineering Test Services.
• Interface with Project and Electronics Engineers and provide support on production issues.
• Produce quality documentation in support of manufacturing operations and product certification.
Interface to both internal and external customers on a global scale.
What skills and requirements do you need?
• Degree (electronic/electronic design/electrical engineering/ related)
• Strong communication skills with the ability to extract knowledge effectively
• You will be a team player
• Previous experience working with aero/electronic components, and projects.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive salary
• A generous benefits package
• Opportunities to expand your knowledge, ad progress within a global organisation
Apply prescriptive methodology to project tasks
Collaborate with engineering teams
Communicate non-compliance incidents
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* Continued Professional Development
* Some Travel Required
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD6487
* Category: Engineering
* Location: GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.