9 months ago
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The role will work directly on our new products as they are being formed, collaborating with our product designers to define the next generation of Dyson products. The team sits between long term research and product development and is focused on rapid prototyping, concept development, feature probes and proof of principal demonstration. You will be part of the Electronics Architecture Group with opportunities available at all grade levels and product areas.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
When you invent something, the right technology often doesn’t exist to make it work. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems, that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
• Explore functions and concepts with the product designers to understand the potential user benefits and technical solutions.
• Deliver definitions and specifications of the electronic systems into our product development teams.
• Solve complex product level problems in novel ways.
• Perform tests of new technologies and identify potential solutions.
• Design, build and test electronic systems.
• Present your work to peers and key decision makers.
• Self-motivated, creative thinking generalist.
• Fundamental knowledge of both hardware and software.
• Good communications skills.
• Experience in prototyping, implementing and testing of electronics systems.
• Experience of programming in one or more of: Embedded C, Embedded C++, Labview, Matlab, Python, and Unity.
• Experience of prototyping with one or more of: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, custom built PCBs.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.