8 months ago
Electronics Design Engineer – Power Electronics
* Milton-Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Here at Integral e-Drive we are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles. We have an immediate opening for an Electronics Design Engineer to support and drive our Power Electronic programmes.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, our engineers create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
As an Electronics Design Engineer you will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in developing power electronics products. You will be used to working from first principles and have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of electronic components.
You will join a small, agile team of skilled engineers working at a high technical level and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of truly innovative high-profile technologies such as passenger car hybrid control applications encompassing design and development (concept to production).
* Participating/contributing to circuit design reviews of electronics projects
* Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout
* Preparing and release of component specifications, Bill of Materials and drawings
* Specification / development of production test equipment
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure suitable technical specifications are met
* Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records
* High Voltage testing, commissioning and verification; up to 1200V
* Ideally degree qualified in Electronics Engineering
* Strong knowledge of analogue and digital electronics and power electronics
* Experience with Altium Designer or similar (Eagle CAD, Orcad or Mentor Graphics)
* Experience with SPICE / LT SPICE, PLECS and PSIM
* Proficient in EMC Testing
As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you will receive ongoing personal development, outstanding training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life assurance and Private medical insurance.