11 months ago
Role Title: Electronic Sub-System Design Verification Engineer
Job Ref No: P5996
Reports to : Head of Test and Validation (Electronics Subsystems)
Salary: Up to £45k DOE + Excellent Benefits Package
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Subsystem Design Verification team to lead activities, or become integral members of, this multi-disciplined team.
The Subsystem Design Verification Team is responsible for independently assessing the compliance of a subsystem product to its requirements, planning how the evidence for this assessment is generated and performing activities to obtain this evidence.
What will you be doing?
This role encompasses the Identification, planning and implementation of subsystem verification tasks, including leadership of these activities for a specific project or projects. The verification approaches to be used and their synthesis into a verification plan will be followed by detailed planning and implementation of the trials, plus the gathering of design statements etc. from all sources. This will include the definition of Test Equipment needs for the trials and ensuring this Test Equipment is provided on time. Evidence from all of the above activities will then be assessed and compiled into a compliance matrix leading to a statement of compliance through a Design Certificate. The role may, in future, include a greater number of subsystem integration tasks as the role of this team changes and encompasses greater responsibility.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to be involved in multi-million pound international projects, owning and delivering a critical element of the design process. It provides opportunities to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company.
Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The Subsystem Design Verification team is a dynamic and focussed team specialising in all elements of the design verification process. Individuals are often located within the main project team to ensure they have a close relationship plus up to date knowledge of the issues within that project. This enables them to influence the activities of the project team to achieve the design verification tasks.
The team has excellent contacts and working relationships across the various departments and Functions within MBDA that is a key to the success of their role. This provides excellent visibility of the roles of other teams and also what is happening within the business.
The opportunity to own the Design Verification activities for a specific project is an exciting prospect for anyone wishing to develop their leadership skills.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
* An excellent and demonstrable knowledge of product Verification processes and where they fit within the product design cycle.
* Knowledge of current electronic design technologies and the ability to understand complex electronic circuits. Although primarily a hardware role, knowledge of software/firmware embedded code would be useful.
* The ability to challenge poor requirements and subsequently agree provable requirement documentation, in collaboration with the design teams
* Knowledge of: defence, electrical and environmental standards (e.g. Stanag 1008, Def Stan 07-85, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-810); EMC and its implications for subsystem electronics; reliability and safety principles.
* Ability to define and implement a variety of trials including the definition and timely provision of Test Equipment.
* Familiarity with the DOORS requirements verification tool (but training can be given)
* Probably degree qualified in Electronics or related subject with significant proven experience in similar roles.
* Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills, have excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills and the capability to write clear, concise engineering documentation.
* Have the pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver design verification activities on time and to cost.
* Ability to lead small teams of up to 3 people in all Verification activities on a project would be an advantage. Formal project management activities will be minimal.
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions