3 months ago
BHGE M&S (Druck Ltd) has a vacancy for an Electronic Engineer to join the Industrial Sensors Engineering Team, which consists of a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers including Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineers. The team designs innovative pressure sensors supporting projects from cradle to grave, working closely with all other functions, such as sourcing, advanced manufacturing and quality, as well as with our onsite production and production in China
* Electronic design of pressure sensing components to be used in a wide range of industrial applications
* Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
* Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
* High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
* Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
* Supporting external customers, internal sales and marketing functions
* Continually develop and advance internal operating procedures
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering
* Strong people and time management skills
* Experience with PCB design and circuit simulation tools.
* Experience of design and test for EMC
* Proven ability in low power analogue and mixed signal circuit design and analysis, and ideally knowledge of digital protocols such as CAN, I2C, RS485 and MODbus
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Word, Excel, Power point etc)
* Proven ability to work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills with customers and team members
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
* Knowledge of basic Mechanical principles
* Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
* Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
* Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB design and fabrication
* Knowledge and experience of SAP
BHGE Measurement & Sensing (Druck Ltd), design and manufacture a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. BHGE M&C is a Sub-Division of GE Oil & Gas (BHGE) that employs approximately 39,000 people worldwide.
The industrial team work with a broad spectrum of industries and segments such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester