about 1 year ago
Electro Optic Counter Measure Engineer
Role Title and Location: Electro Optic Counter Measure Engineer, Bristol
Job Ref No: P7627
MBDA Level 4
Reports to (EOCM Group Leader)
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small, agile, team performing interesting and varied research into EO/IR sensors and seekers to directly support Air Platform Protection system studies for UK MoD, as well as technology development for MBDA products, both current and future.
The varied research requires team members to be adaptable to a range of techniques used to support paper studies, laboratory testing and field trials.
* Laboratory/field trial planning and testing – defining testing approaches, specifying tests then evaluating and making recommendations based on the results
* Operation of EOCM Group laboratory Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) facilities
* Undertaking modelling studies on Electro-Optic systems or sub-systems
* Liaison with internal and external customers
* Preparation of Technical Reports and presentations of activities
* Task hold EOCM activities within the group, as required, delivering to time and budget
What’s in it for you?
* This is a great opportunity to be involved in research projects from the point of conception to the point of delivery
* You will be contributing to research that will shape the future of MBDA EO/IR products
* The role allows for growth in responsibility, to enable ownership of specific work packages and their delivery
* The EOCM team requires a diverse set of skills and so, through the Learning and Development team, there is the opportunity to broaden your skill base
* Be involved in a unique area of research that are not undertaken anywhere else in industry
What’s great about the team?
* The EOCM team is a small close knit group of employees, who have a passion for understanding EO/IR systems and the importance of their system performance
* It’s a team of people who take pride in their work, and pull together to solve problems that arise during projects
What are we looking for?
* Knowledge of optical theory (not necessarily to degree level)
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills, ideally with experience in a laboratory environment
* Experience with MATLAB preferable (training can be provided)
* Ideally a good understanding of basic electronic circuit design (analogue and/or digital)
* Inquisitive approach to analysis and drive to improve understanding of system behaviours
* Ideally good mechanical skills for the assembly/disassembly of laboratory equipment
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).