7 months ago
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
A position has arisen for an Electro Mechanical Technician to join our team at our Portlethen Barclayhill Place Facility. Our team of technicians are involved in the hands-on repair & maintenance activities on BHGE, Drilling Systems tool suite and/or Surface Equipment. The teamwork together and their main duties include disassembly / assembly / inspection & testing in accordance with controlled / documented procedures, across both mechanical & electronic disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join the Oil & Gas industry, utilize a recently gained NC / HNC/ HND qualification in mechanical or electronic engineering or apply your already gained mechanical and/or electrical skills within a new field.
· Perform Disassembly, Inspection, Assembly and Testing of BHGE tool fleet and products in accordance to technical drawings
· Display Competence working across both Mechanical and Electrical disciplines. (support provided to those with a bias towards one and willing to cross train)
· You will follow all established re-manufacturing procedures and processes to ensure Quality through consistent, reliable, repeatable workflow processing.
· Work to/from engineering drawings, following formal procedures, maintenance practices ensuring quality end product to our customers.
· Produce equipment which complies with BHGE Drilling Systems Workmanship Standards and specifications.
· Document, report and record all maintenance findings and test results in company supported databases to support and aid maintenance functions & product development.
· Conduct all duties in strict accordance with applicable HS&E regulations and policies ensuring company corporate citizen responsibilities are fulfilled.
· Any other duties as required / assigned by Maintenance Manager / Supervisor as appropriate.
· Proven background in Troubleshooting, Testing, Assembly & Dis-assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies.
· Basic skills with soldering and assembling of electro/mechanical devices including the use of general mechanical measuring devices.
· Proficient in the use of Electronic multimeters, meggers, hi-pot testers, & other general electronic testing devices.
· Proficient in the use of Mechanical calipers, micrometers, & other general measuring devices.
· Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and parts lists.
· Applicants should possess a nationally recognized qualification in a Mechanical and/or Electronic discipline e.g. HNC, Modern Apprenticeship or similar technical qualification
· Proven technical skills gained through relevant industrial experience.
· General technical knowledge in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits, and electro/mechanical devices.
· Experience in using computer systems & programs such as email, excel, word and SAP.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen City; ABERDEEN