5 months ago
What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently looking for an experienced approved electrician to join our maintenance team to undertake all aspects of highway maintenance related to the Scotland wide Intelligent Transport System network.
What will this role involve?
* Maintain high technical standard
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect members of the public
* Maintain and repair electrical installations in accordance with the Regulations
* Carry out any required reactive electrical works
* Electrical testing and inspection
* Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routing and cyclic maintenance
* Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
* To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
* An approved electrician with a relevant SJIB card
* Relevant City & Guilds electrical qualification
* 17th Edition would be desirable
* Previous experience of working within an electrical environment
* Ability to manage workload and time efficiently
* Basic computer literacy
* Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments
* Required technical skills
* Demonstrable previous work related experience
* Able to work without supervision
* Good knowledge of current industry practice
* Able to test / fault find and install in highway locations
* Problem solving
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Experience working on highways is preferred but not essential
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.
We challenge the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’. We think about how consumer behaviours – and expectations – are changing and leverage human data as much as big data. We are infrastructure technologists AND futurologists: long-term vision powering lifetime value. We have intelligent heads but our boots are firmly on the ground: challenging, anticipating, solving, inventing. Inspiring with science, not blinding by it. Passionate about seeing our cutting-edge contributions played out in the real world.