10 months ago
To provide a full complement of Electrical duties, both Reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance at HMP Haverigg, including install, maintain, service and repair electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems in a mix of commercial & domestic environments.
What makes this role unique?
A new and exciting position created position due to growth, the successful candidate will work in a challenging yet rewarding environment; providing a wide range of electrical services across the establishment within an enthusiastic and dynamic team. Ensuring, at all times that works are carried out to the highest safety standards (17th IEE), agreed risk & method statements and Client SLA & KPI’s.
What will this role involve?
* Maintain and repair electrical installations in accordance with the Regulations, both reactive & planned preventative maintenance.
* Comply with Company Health and Safety Policy, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other statutory legislation.
* Strict adherence to Company Health and Safety and operational policies.
* Undertake out of hour’s callout duties as per shift pattern & operational requirements.
* Able to read building drawings and blueprints to understand and plan the layout of electrical systems.
* General electrical tasks, such as changing lamps, emergency light testing, PAT testing and fault finding, check, repair and make good faults. Life expired equipment Inspections.
* This role may include working at height and in all weather conditions.
* CTC (Security Clearances) will need to be obtained prior to start date.
What are we looking for?
* City & Guilds (C&G) 2391 Inspection and Test or the equivalent
* C&G 2394 & 5 C&G 2382 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations
* C&G Installation Certificate 2360 /2351 or equivalent with Part 2 or NVQ
* C&G 2393 Desirable Part P Qualification
* Asbestos Awareness Training
* C&G2377 PAT Testing Course
* Current full UK driving licence
* Excellent at managing own time
* Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments
* Demonstrable previous work related experience
* Time served apprenticeship
* Self-motivated & able to work without supervision
* Accurate measuring and scoping of works
* Good knowledge of current industry practice
* Problem solving
* Able to test / fault find / and install on domestic & commercial properties