16 days ago
About the opportunity
Working as part of our Regional Prime contract, you will undertake electrical repair and maintenance work on MOD buildings, providing a customer focused and cost effective service. You will provide key operational support to the Amey business, delivering a great service to our customers, whilst ensuring works are completed on time and within service requirements.
Our operations across the Regional Prime contracts provide a diverse range of services including planned and response repairs tasks, estate management and grounds maintenance services, professional services and soft services.
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of Imjin Barracks (GL3 1HW) but covering sites across Gloucester and Bristol.
Working pattern will include 08:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday with an on-call requirement (1 in 4 weeks)
A work van is provided with the role so driving license is essential.
Security Clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
What will this role involve?
* Carry out planned maintenance activities on a variety of MOD Establishments, including an MOD Datacentre
* Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a varierty of different types of installations.
* Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
* Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times
* Provide a high level of customer service, at all times exceeding customers expectations
* Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
* Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner
* Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems
* Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators
* Ensure that confidentiality is observed at all times and that matters relating to duties undertaken or information received during the course of duties remains confidential
* Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives
* Comply with the extra security restrictions in place in some buildings
* Attend emergency call outs, including those outside core hours
What are we looking for?
* Full electrical trade qualification
* 18th Edition IEE regulations
* City & Guilds 2391, Inspection & Test or equivalent desirable
* Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility (Bristol and Gloucester)
* Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works
* Able to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
* Able to work as part of a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs
* Experience of operating in an MOD environment desirable
* Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.