27 days ago
We have a role that has become available to be part of our Northampton Schools team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. This role will involve installing, maintaining, servicing and repairing electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems across 43 Schools.
Location: Northampton Schools
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Working hours: Monday – Friday 07:00-18:00 (Shifts to be discussed at interview)
Contractual hours: 37.5 hours per week
What will this role involve
* Responsibility for one Operative to install all electrical equipment conforming to ASLEC and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations
* Diagnose and replace failed components
* Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment
* Take part in out of hours emergency services on a call out basis
* Other maintenance tasks as required
* Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials
* Responsible for the safe use of vehicles
* Responsibility for wearing all PPE
* Responsible for own health and safety and that of the public
* Responsible for achieving own performance targets
What do you need to be successful
* Driving Licence essential
* 3-5 Years commercial setting experience essential
* Experience working on commercial electrics
* City & Guilds 2360 Level 1, 2 & 3
* City & Guilds 239,or 2394 & 2395 Electrical Inspection and Testing
* Able to work at heights of up to 12 metres
* 18th Edition Certification for Electrical testing ASLEC Competency Portfolio
* Good all round project management knowledge
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
* Technical competencies
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better