14 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. This role will involve installing, maintaining, servicing and repairing electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems across the prison.
39 hours - with weekend shift pattern of one in 3 weekends an on-call out of hours rota
What will this role involve?
* Responsibility for installing all electrical equipment conforming to ASLEC and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations across the prison
* Diagnose and replace failed components
* Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment and wiring across the prison.
* Other maintenance tasks as required
* Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials
* Responsible for the safe use of vehicles if needed
* Responsibility for wearing all PPE
* Responsible for own health and safety and that of the public
* Responsible for achieving own performance targets
What are we looking for?
* Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview.
* Driving Licence desirable
* City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works
* City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection and Testing
* PAT Testing
* 18th Edition
* Experience in reactive and planned electrical work
* Able to work at heights of up to 12 metres
* Able to work independently and use initiative
* Good all-round project management knowledge
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
* Technical competencies
What makes this role unique?
You will test and inspect electrical installations in prison facilities in accordance with the 18th IEE wiring regulations as amended from time to time. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.