8 months ago
Electrical Site Engineer (5 months FTC)
Job number: UK14788
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Operational Specialists
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Site Engineer (5 months FTC) to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Woolwich.
What you'll be doing
As an Electrical Site Engineer (5 months FTC), your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
* Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings;
* Initiates set-up of the job management system;
* Serve as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements;
* Attend and participate in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes;
* Distribute proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
* Qualified in B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or have experience in a related field position
* Able to exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Ability to display high levels of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* An entry level graduate with relevant experience preferred, or relevant progressive construction related trade experience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.