5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As an Electrical Quality Engineer you will complete quality surveillance and related activities in accordance with project and QIS Quality Management System requirements.
As instructed to act as Project Manager for routine inspection assignments.
A typical week would include:
- Inspection, progressing and expediting of a wide range of equipment at manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Negotiation, review and approval of inspection and test plans, and manufacturing programmes.
- Ensure that assignment activities are performed in accordance with action requests and that client requirements, relevant contractual codes/standards and corporate requirements are met.
- Liaise with contractors and ensure that assignment requirements are understood.
- Report assignment activities in a timely manner and in accordance with requirements.
- Advise any circumstances which may result in deviations from contract requirement or additional time expenditure on assignments.
- Review and negotiate improvements to contractor documentation.
- To comply with the company quality management system.
- To assist in the preparation of time and cost estimates for proposals and assignments.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant background in electrical engineering.
- Preferred qualification is BSc or HNC as a minimum or relevant experience as detailed below.
- Appropriate experience may be substituted for formal qualifications at the discretion of the Engineering Manager and/or Director.
- Specialises in the inspection of at least one item of electrical equipment, for example: turbo generators, transformers, switchgear, cables, with general all-round knowledge of two others.
- Excellent technical reporting skills.
- Quality background with experience of undertaking inspection activities.
- Possess the ability to interpret acceptance criteria from international standards or bespoke technical specifications, ensuring manufacturers or OEM are applying them explicitly.
- Understands their responsibility as an independent inspection engineer.
- Well presented at all times and displaying the company values during their day to day activities.
- Possess the ability to think logically with a fastidious attention to detail.
- Experience in the following equipment: rotating plant, transformers, switchgear, cables for power generation, oil and gas or industrial facilities.
- Experience of working for an inspection body.
- Holds qualifications in auditing ISO 9001 2015, preferably IRCA registered.
- Qualified in NDT at PCN Level 2 or equivalent.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.