6 months ago
Login to Save this vacancy
Country: United Kingdom
Work Location: Luton
State: Not Specified
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Craftsperson has become available at our Aerospace manufacturing site in Luton.
The successful candidate must be able to solve Electrical Maintenance issues without supervision and have a basic understanding of Mechanical Systems, to enable them to make safe or repair to a basic standard under supervision.
The Maintenance Craftsperson (Electrical) will be technically competent to carry out the duties of the On Call Maintenance Craftsman.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To assemble, install, test and commission new or replacement work.
* To carry out electrical maintenance works or repairs unsupervised and Monitor performance.
* Monitor performance and efficiency of AHU’s ( air handling units )
* Have an extensive knowledge of electrical lighting and power distribution systems and rectify faults to contactors, isolators, switches and associated equipment as necessary
* Carry out periodical servicing, checking and testing of plant and services in accordance with Planned Preventative Maintenance System (PPM).
* Supporting existing development and production systems to ensure operational requirements are met. Fault find and rectify issues as necessary
* Have a basic understanding of the relationship of other craftsmen’s work enabling them to work flexibly within the team
* Undertake new techniques, with suitable training, as necessary
* To undertake the safe use of maintenance equipment and portable tools
* Instruct and advise others on aspects of electrical maintenance work as required.
* To assist with emergency work as and when requested, including out of normal working hours.
* Participate in the emergency "ON CALL" service
* Carry out minor and assist with major planned preventative (PPM) work including checking, testing and information gathering
* Carry out individual technical administration by the completion of works dockets
* To be prepared to work in confined spaces, work at heights, and have the ability to use engineering and building tools or undertake training as necessary
* To follow the WED / Engineering procedures with respect to safety, security and fire policies
* Work flexibly and take on new responsibilities with enthusiasm
* Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company’s Policies.
Qualified to 17th edition, C & G 2392 certification [although training could be provided for the successful candidate]
Must have extensive knowledge / experience on electrical systems.
Have extensive knowledge of electrical lighting and power distribution systems, be able to rectify faults on the associated equipment.
Will be technically competent to carry out the duties of the On Call Maintenance Craftsman.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.