about 1 month ago
As an Electrical Inspector, you would be working either alone or as part of a team, to complete all facets of work expected on low voltage electrical systems and working within given time scales.
Have a clear understanding of all types of Electrical installations and a level understanding of EaWR 1989, BS.7671 and the Water Industry Mechanical and Electrical Specification (WIMES) would be an advantage.
You will be required to undertake a range of electrical compliance procedures on client sites including but not limited to:
• Electrical Condition Reporting
• Hazardous Area Inspections
• Emergency Light Testing
• Remediation of Identified Defects
• Thermographic Surveys
• Load Analysis
A Role of Electrical Inspector has arisen within a large progressive and expanding national company, the role involves working as part of a team to complete the electrical Condition reporting of low voltage electrical installations of large commercial & industrial properties. The teams work in a professional manner to deliver our customers magic moments of excellent service, while complying with pre-set timescales for carrying out the work.
This will mainly be carried out in normal working hours although some out of hours or weekend working may be required occasionally
Centrica is at the forefront of the energy and services market, “Everything we do is focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers”. Under the Centrica Business Solutions banner, we help businesses to improve performance, strengthen resilience, and create opportunities for growth. Centrica is firmly committed to the recruitment and selection of talented people from all sections of the community based on merit. We take recruitment and selection very seriously.
The Approved Electrician will work to the highest professional standard and deliver all projects in a safe manner.
In return for the right candidate we offer a flexible benefits package which includes: generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, access to Centrica Share plans, online discounts for major retailers, employee assistance program and more.
You will also be provided with a Centrica Van, mobile phone, tools, test equipment ,additional training as required and a laptop to enable completion of electronic reports via our bespoke cloud based reporting system .
To undertake various electrical works but primarily Electrical Condition Reporting and remediation works as specified. Such work to include but not limited to:
* Minor Remedials
* Electrical Condition Reporting
* Hazardous Area Inspection- training can be provided
* Thermographic Surveys- training can be provided
* Emergency Light testing- training can be provided
* Small Installation works
* Load Analysis
* The role requires a person with good communication skills, capable of working (and communicating with site engineers to achieve the completion of reports within specified times).as part of a team
* Duties to include the requirement for carrying out electrical condition reports and the ability to complete minor remedial works as required
* The ability to produce accurate and concise certification and network drawings as required
* The role will require relevant IT skills to enable the production of reports in a digital format
Must be an innovative self motivated individual, capable of performing to high standards.
* Possess recognised electrical qualification preferably as a time served commercial electrician
* City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installations (current IEE wiring regulations) 17th Edition Regs (2382)
Preferred but not essential as additional training can be given:
* City & Guilds Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations or equivalent (2391/2394/5)
* COMPEX EX01-04, 05-06
* Emergency Lighting
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Apply online now