22 days ago
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness, Glasgow, Perth
Salary: £Competitive depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working Options Available
What is the Role?
SSE Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Substation Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering Team in providing specialist electrical engineering support on high profile and technically complex Transmission projects.
The role involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- The chance to be involved at all stages of high voltage projects from development through refinement to delivery and commissioning and handover
- Responsible for creating outline scheme designs
- Developing scopes and specifications for both new build and modified substations and electrical systems
- Evaluating contractors' tenders
- Reviewing contractors/consultants detailed designs
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests and supporting field teams to ensure quality of installations
What do I need?
To be considered for this opportunity you should have the following:
- Ideally a degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- A background in high voltage substation design
- Transmission level experience of reactive compensation or gas insulated switchgear is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in Transmission development/design/specification and be confident in your ability to technically assess issues and/or problems and critically assess a range of technical solutions.
- A thorough technical understanding of relevant legislation, including CDM and ESQCR, and the implications of this for Transmission network management is important.
- Ideally candidates will be Chartered Engineers or working towards this. SSEN fully recognises, encourages and supports our engineers in this and their continued professional development.
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland, where we own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, in an licence area that extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with -******* or on--******. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.