2 months ago
Electrical Engineer, High Voltage
Requisition ID :2019-63765
Work Location :GB-Ayrshire-Irvine
Department / Discipline : Electrical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer with extensive high voltage experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Management of electrical safety at our customers site to ensure compliance with UK legislation, safety rules and local SOPs.
Management of the site electrical infrastructure to deliver a safe and reliable electrical supply to support continued manufacturing process over a 24 hour 365 day period.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Achieve Senior Authorised Person Level 1 status to allow incumbent to manage site HV systems
* Implementation of UK legislation and relevant standards for all health, safety and environmental aspects of electrical engineering
* Provide electrical expertise and leadership during stages of the project life cycle ensuring projects are implemented in accordance with our customers engineering standards, industry legislation and regulations
* Provide electrical expertise and leadership to manufacturing and utilities operations to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
* Work closely with the engineering maintenance department to define, implement and measure the electrical maintenance requirements ensuring compliance with all relevant standards
* Work closely with and provide leadership to site electrical trades to drive the continuous improvement of manufacturing up-time.
* Define, implement and measure the electrical competency and training requirements for staff
* Provide electrical discipline input and where necessary leadership in the Root Cause Analysis process for incidents
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum HND level in Electrical Engineering with relevant experience and willingness to obtain degree
* Electrical operations and maintenance within a process manufacturing environment
* Industrial power systems and hazardous area management
* Management of electrical safety
* High Voltage system operations and safe working practices
* Maintenance and installation of electrical equipment within potentially flammable atmospheres
* Involvement in project lifecycle providing electrical engineering leadership
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.