about 1 year ago
Electrical Engineer - Belfast
We have a vacancy for an Electrical Engineer to join our design team delivering infrastructure projects including utilities, wastewater treatment, pumping, water supply, treatment and transfer systems and building services work. Working in a multidisciplinary team undertaking design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as supervisory roles on construction sites. Providing support and design coordination for MEICA aspects of projects as well as assisting the NEC Project Manager. There is are significant long term opportunities with career progression for the right person.
Capita Property & Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector. We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed. We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc, a FTSE member and the UK’s leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
We are well renowned for delivering Water & Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects. Over 20 years we have retained and grown a portfolio of Public and Private Sector Clients.
Responsibilities: Reporting to Project Managers to deliver infrastructure projects including water and waste water infrastructure including:
* Representing clients throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and commissioning of projects.
* Preparation of feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
* Site asset surveys.
* Electrical design, specification and tender preparation.
* Liaison with operations and maintenance staff.
* Ensuring compliance with current industry standards.
* Supporting site based management staff, with respect to monitoring progress against programme.
* Attending and minuting design and progress meetings.
* Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
The Individual: The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Electrical Engineering and undertake additional job-specific training. Someone with water sector knowledge and experience, who is approachable, flexible and keen to work as part of an existing team on a wide range of projects to differing project specifications.
Skills and Experience: Essential Requirements:
* Degree qualified Electrical Engineer
* Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with IEE
* Over 5 years’ post graduate experience
* Understanding of electrical design within the water industry (both wastewater and clean water structure)
* Understanding of MCC panels & ICA equipment
* Carry out electrical design
* Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements
* P&IDs, electrical specifications, general, outline and detailed system design drawings
* CPD development within the water and electrical sectors
* MS Office proficient
* A full driving licence
* Telemetry and SCADA data acquisition systems
* Pump control using PID control of VSDs
* HV, pumping, power generation and CHP
* Involvement within SRB, CSR and CPD activities IEE
* Water and waste water process design and MEICA inputs
* Building services experience sector including HVAC, potable water systems, fire suppression systems, Part L of the building regulations
* Experience in NEC3 Project Management
* Programming (MS Project or similar)
* Working AutoCAD knowledge
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver