27 days ago
Highly Competitive Salary + Company Van + Fantastic Benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Location: National mobile role with regular travel across the UK which will include overnight stay (all expenses are covered).
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our friendly mobile team. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Electrical Engineer, you will work as part of the flexible Site Solutions team and will lead a team of fitters for the mobilisation and demobilisation for site batch operations. You will undertake all routine electrical maintenance, inspection, Installations, breakdowns, and statutory works associated with the operation of the Ultra Mobile concrete plants. As well as support site operations to achieve improvement in SHE standards, plant availability and reduce long term maintenance spend. Ensuring that maintenance schedules are adhered to and delivered in a safe and professional manner.
* Completion of planned preventative maintenance activities and corrective works orders (Defect T-cards) before adverse effect on performance
* Maintain Records of works complete and supporting processes
* Ensure installations are achieved within the required timeline and on budget
* Delivery of continuous improvement projects/action
* Support & Training of operatives to complete Autonomous Maintenance tasks
* Adhere to all Safety related documentation (Safe Systems of Work- Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc) for all maintenance activities
* Ensure Safety related documentation (Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc) for all scheduled maintenance work is up to date and available
* Responds to plant breakdowns- ensuring it is returned to production in a timely manner, any temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working as an Electrical Engineer or similar gained within a Mobile Concrete Plant Operation environment. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
* IOSH Supervising Safely
* IOSH Environmental
* MPQC Mobile Plant
* Recognized apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard
* 18th edition wiring regulations
* Inspection and testing qualification
* High Voltage Ap training (Or working towards)
* ONC/HNC - Desirable
* NVQ plant process operations – Desirable
* CSPS Mobile Plant – Desirable
As this is a mobile role the Full UK Driving License is essential.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities