10 months ago
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Business: Tata Steel, Tubes
Salary: £33,216.60 (including shift allowance)
Closing Date: 11pm 17th November 2020
We currently have the opportunity to recruit an experienced Electrical Engineer into our Tubes site in Corby, East Midlands.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be required to perform preventative maintenance and inspection work, providing expertise and resource to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity.
Your key responsibilities, will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Provide engineering expertise & advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
* Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
* Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
* Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
* Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
* Supervise Tata or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
* Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
* Be specifically familiar with many modern day electrical systems including PLC’s, Drives, AC & DC motor circuitry and be able to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic drawings.
You will be responsible for ensuring all activity is undertaken within Health, Safety and Environmental requirements, in Compliance with company and legislative requirements. Working as part of a team, you will ensure manufacturing performance is maintained on an ongoing basis and support manufacturing development plans, identifying opportunities for improvement.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will ideally be qualified to HNC level, which will normally have obtain through a craft apprenticeship in electrical / process control engineering, or hold a Modern Engineering Certificate.
You will require relevant plant experience in electrical engineering or process control and be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum (may vary of on particular shift pattern)
* Quarterly Bonus– subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Job Segment:Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Engineer, Inspector, Engineering, Quality