Electrical Engineer (with complementary industrial mechanical skills) based Folkestone, Kent
Salary 40k+ depending on experience
Job Brief/ Company Profile
We are a successful UK manufacturer of flexible packaging, supplying various industries, including major blue chip UK food groups as well as exporting to various Countries around the world. We utilise state of the art equipment with facilities base in in Cheriton, Folkestone. Our business has grown rapidly and we are now one of the leading manufacturers within our industry.
Our business has been successful for two reasons; by using the most advanced technology available and by maintaining a customer centric, fast response company culture.
The role/ Responsibilities
We looking for a talented individual to joining a small motivated engineering team within a leading print manufacturing facility with some of the latest technologically on advanced print machines
You must be self-motivated, flexible and have a high level skill set with the ability to interrogate plc controls to investigate and identify fault finding within a fast moving manufacturing environment.
Ideally you will have a time served apprenticeship in the electrical / electronic discipline, with appropriate qualifications.
- A formal training Qualification eg a minimum of City & Guilds 232/2565 level 2/3 and/or higher in the relevant core subjects.
- Ideally, the candidate will have additional mechanical skills to support the mechanical engineer when required.
- Relevant Industrial automation experience with a minimum of a 2-3 years industrial based placement.
- Certified to the IEE 17th edition wiring regulations BS7671-2008 Inc. 2011 amendments (C&G 2382).
- The candidate must be deemed as competent to work safely on Extra-Low, Low and High Voltage systems, and ensuring safe working practices for themselves and others around them.
- Be experienced at high level electrical and electronic fault finding on various industrial control equipment (from MCB to PCB level) including various PLCs, HMI devices, PC controlled automated systems, Operator interface devices, AC & DC Drives, Invertor Control, various motor types, power supply modules, distributed I/O, UPS, AC & DC circuits and many types of field devices.
- A sound understanding and experience of working with positional devices including encoders, transducers, photo-electric, inductive, optical, volumetric and ultrasonic sensors etc. is also preferential.
- The candidate must also have the ability to work on traditional based relay logic systems and be able to follow and understand various formats of electrical schematic drawings and symbols.
- Work on and emergency repair of all auxiliary building services and associated plant equipment including compressors, chilling equipment, environmental quality equipment, access controls, general lighting and power distribution.
- Experience of Pro-active maintenance structure by assisting in the development of preventive maintenance schedules (PMs).
Please apply online, attaching your CV and a covering letter highlighting your experience and particular competencies that you consider relevant to this position or send to Triflex Productions Ltd, contact Kieran Bevan