5 months ago
Electrical Engineer - London
Work on fantastic projects as an Electrical Engineer in our thriving London team. The role will offer the opportunity for you to deliver sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects on a global platform.
Our London Building Services (MEP) team is involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects. With projects including the Stratford Waterfront redevelopment, the David Attenborough building at the University of Cambridge and KAFD Metro Station in Riyadh, BuroHappold's London Building Services team continues to deliver state of the art design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our holistic, multidisciplinary design environment affords our engineers the freedom and creativity to push the boundaries of sustainable building technology across HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing disciplines in collaboration with practice-wide specialist groups such as sustainability & physics, facades, lighting, and technology.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our friendly and innovative team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious engineer with strong technical skills to play a key role on some of our most iconic projects around the world.
What will I be doing?
Input to the projects is likely to be varied but will see you:
* Working as part of the integrated building services design team on a variety of projects
* Communicating directly with Clients, offering innovative design solutions and managing expectations. Further developing relationships with existing and new clients including contractors, architects and developers.
* Working with senior staff to prepare technical and financial proposals for new work.
* Managing workload of graduate engineers and technicians
* Preparing Technical Specifications.
* Monitor financial performance of jobs as well as setting up and managing job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure.
More about you...
As an experienced Building Services Engineer, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
* A solid foundation of experience of electrical building services design.
* Experience of supporting more junior engineers and working collaboratively in teams
* Varied sector experience.
* Specialism in a particular area of electrical engineering welcomed
* Awareness of Amtech, Dialux, and AutoCAD preferred, Revit highly desirable.
* Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc or equivalent and working towards professional registration
We offer you a stimulating and challenging environment, excellent scope for progression and the opportunity to work on a wide range of outstanding projects in the UK and further afield. With a plethora of high-profile clients, we can offer an exciting range of work and an excellent personal challenge as we support you to develop your career to new heights.
If you are ready to stretch yourself and progress your engineering career then we would love to hear from you. For more information and a confidential discussion please get in touch with Thomas White in the recruitment team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.