6 months ago
Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted as a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Water, Ground and Environment business have been successful in securing a number of multi million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry between 2015 and 2020.
We are looking for engineers to join our Epsom office who are able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We want great communicators who can integrate well and who see beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
Within our Engineering Design practice, we have an opportunity for Electrical Engineers based in Epsom. You will join an established team of around 60 civil, mechanical, electrical and process engineers working from our office in Epsom. You will be expected to be a team player, and work collaboratively with design and construction colleagues to input into multidisciplinary schemes for major clients.
We will be delivering outline and detailed design work across several multimillion pound design frameworks. We will also be providing engineering expertise to a wide range of UK and international clients in water and environmental related projects - but outside of the regulated UK Water Industry.
* Candidates must be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
* A chartered engineer or close to chartership
* Demonstrable experience within the water engineering sector with experience in both wastewater and potable water applications an advantage
* Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts, calculations etc
* Experienced in input to design risk assessments and familiar with relevant HSE legislation
* A desire to develop technically, think innovatively and share ideas, embrace digital tools and new ways of working, and work collaboratively with Atkins colleagues, suppliers and clients.
* The role of an Electrical Engineer within the MEP stream will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
* Technical input into scoping, feasibility studies, outline and detailed design projects as well as support as required to other members of the project team
* Production of electrical, control, and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
* Technical report writing
* Input into project Health and Safety including H&S project plans, site visit risk assessments & CDM awareness
* Adherence to company policies, processes, and standards when delivering projects
* Active involvement in electrical engineering technical working groups, supporting our Technical Champions and Electrical Technical Authority.
* A strong team player, capable of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to achieve overall project goals.
* Positive outlook and approachable manner.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
* Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
* Flexible and resilient to change, open to innovation and willing to share ideas.