about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be an integral part of the Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) team in Atkins' Warrington office.
MEP is part of the Atkins Infrastructure business and provides engineering expertise to a wide range of clients, including those who operate in the water, wastewater, water-related environmental and industrial sectors, with consistently exceptional services.
The appointed engineer must have a degree in a relevant discipline such as Electrical Engineering. It would also be preferable that applicants are chartered with the IET or alternative appropriate body.
• Design experience within the Water Industry sector including in areas such as potable water production and distribution, waste water treatment and sludge treatment and pumping systems to name but a few.
• Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suit of programmes as a minimum
• Experience of working with WIMES
• Ability to demonstrate design experience of:
• LV electrical design, including MCCs, distribution boards, cable systems etc.
• HV systems including transformers, RMU, circuit breakers
• Cable selection and sizing
• Protection coordination and grading
• PLC and SCADA systems design and specification of Fieldbus networks
• Liaising with utility providers concepts and requirements of DSEAR/ATEX compliance
The role of an Electrical/ICA Engineer within the MEP business will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
• Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical and C&I design work
• Electrical switchgear panel/MCC specification and design
• Control and instrumentation systems functional specification and design
• Understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, process and civil.
• Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal employees and external clients.
• Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.