3 months ago
Job Title: Electrical Craft Team Member
Business: Tata Packaging
Location: Trostre, Llanelli, South Wales
Salary: £26,468 + 10% Shift Allowance + Benefits
Work Pattern: Days
Closing Date: 11:00pm on Friday 5th March 2021
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Craft Team Member for our Packaging plant in Trostre, Llanelli. Within the role, you act as an electrical engineering specialist on days to perform preventative maintenance and inspection work to professional standards as required to meet quality control and performance standards. Also to provide expertise and resource to identify and quickly rectify faults in complex system to ensure continuity of manufacturing to specified quality standards.
Your duties and responsibilities within the role will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure all activity is undertaken in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s and legislative requirements.
* Underpin manufacturing performance and support manufacturing Improvement and works development plans.
* Identify improvement opportunities through collaborative working with relevant groups.
* To ensure that changes to plant, process procedures and organisation are appropriately risk accessed in line with the works management of change process
* Provide engineering expertise & advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
* Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
* Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
* Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
* Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
* Supervise Tata or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
* Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Craftsperson you will be qualified to HNC level which will normally have been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in electrical/process control engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate
Applicants will have relevant experience in electrical/process control systems. You must be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.
What we offer
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Job Segment:Engineer, Electrical, QC, Inspector, Controls Engineer, Engineering, Quality