10 months ago
Job Title: Electrical Craftsperson – Crane Maintenance Team
Function: Manufacturing Engineering - Colors
Salary Band and Range: FEP £27,000 - £30,000 + Overtime + Bonus up to 14% + Pension
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Craftsperson into the Crane Maintenance Team at our Colors site in Shotton, Flintshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a function that will shape the future of our industry!
Steel has been successfully processed on the Tata Steel site at Shotton in North Wales for more than 120 years. The profitable and cash generative plant produces a wide range of world-class galvanised and pre-finished (painted) steel building systems, which supplies the construction, domestic appliance and manufactured goods markets amongst others. Shotton has developed a number of unique, technically advanced and high value products and services for customers in the UK and throughout Europe.
The role of an Electrical Craftsperson is essential to the effective maintenance activity within the Crane Maintenance Team and in line with manufacturing requirements.
It requires close team working with the Manufacturing Team Managers and internal and external service providers is essential to maintain optimum efficiency of operation.
In this capacity, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Health & Safety
* Compliance with all procedures and standards promoting health & safety via agreed methods.
* Responsibility for own health and safety performance and to identify countermeasures for issues in order to achieve team / departmental safety targets.
* Conduct risk assessments.
* Use the permit to work system across site to ensure adequate control measures for all activities
* People Management
* Help train, develop and coach apprentices in order to ensure long term sustained performance levels.
* Work to achieve the departments maintenance objectives, liaising with other plant personnel to plan and organise relevant resources and services.
* Awareness of the departments priorities to achieve all goals.
* Where required deputise for team leader
* Communication & Reporting
* Ensure clear communication within the team and to liaise with various functions across site, including other cell maintenance teams, the Central Engineering Workshop and manufacturing teams. He / She will collate data by way of daily worksheet to allow accurate feedback onto SAP for all work carried out onsite.
* Understand both health and safety and departmental Procedures and policies,
We are looking for an experienced craftsperson individual with 17th edition wiring regulations and a strong understanding of the manufacturing process. Ideally you will be apprentice trained with an NVQ level 3 in Electrical Maintenance or Equivalent.
You will require the ability to investigate and repair a variety of overhead cranes, pendant cranes and hoist components and must have electrical experience of the following:
* 3 phase AC motors, squirrel cage and wound rotor, contactor control circuits, relay circuits, stop and reset circuits and some variable frequency inverter control experience.
* Some knowledge/experience of DC motors and DC contactor control circuits would be advantageous, however training will be provided.
You should be a self-motivated individual with drive and passion, achievement orientated through personal confidence and the influencing key stakeholders.
You will also require the ability to mentor, coach and train other team members through your ability to influence and impart knowledge.
The role requires someone who is able to work at height responsibly, and with a positive attitude towards health and safety.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum (may vary if on particular shift pattern)
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
We can offer opportunities for individuals who are looking to develop their skill set within a varied manufacturing environment. Tata Steel have committed to key investments in their UK operations over the next 5 years. We are building for the future and investing heavily in our operations. We can offer support to employees who are also looking to develop their professional qualifications through an established, internal development centre.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Closing date: 11pm, Sunday 10th February 2019
Job Segment:Maintenance, Electrical, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology