11 months ago
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and development of the various equipment Control Systems onsite, with specific focus on the development and integration of Composite/Laser Manufacturing, NDT and Repair Equipment.
They will be working alongside the Asset Management Leader to deliver the Asset Management Strategy, which will involve planning and executing both in-house and sub-contract activities.
Include the following but other duties may be assigned:
* Responsibility for the implementation and adherence to PUWER across both the legacy and new equipment lines within the factory.
* Very hands-on role working with Maintenance Technicians, Production Engineers and Production Operators to support equipment breakdowns and upgrades, either via work orders received through the Maximo system, or direct requests from production, and any other tasks directed by the Asset Management Leader.
* Integration and Modification of Composite and Laser equipment, including NDT and repair equipment
* Data-logging and analysis of equipment to develop process integration and modifications
* Driving machinery/equipment improvements (including PUWER upgrades), and equipment obsolescence programmes
* Integrating new equipment into existing Control Systems, and supporting machinery manufacturing/breakdown issues during production
* Managing sub-contractors to support equipment upgrades/installations
* Performing FMECA to determine Critical Electrical/Controls Spares on new and existing equipment
* Assisting in Defect Elimination and RCA activities to improve equipment reliability and availability
* Identify and report any Safety concerns before progressing any work, and assess and complete repairs to equipment as quickly as possible whilst doing it safely
* Perform all duties while observing safety rules, standard operating instructions and procedures including specific attention to manual handling techniques.
* Complete required documentation records, in accordance with procedures.
* Perform any other tasks as directed by the Asset Management Leader.
* Development of Electrical/Controls systems and competence within the Maintenance Team
* Management of Electrical/Controls Activities, including Equipment and Resource
* Management of Change relating to Software / Controls changes, ensuring that all stakeholders are consulted, and changes are communicated effectively to Production operators
* Responsible for Financial budgets related to equipment upgrades/improvements
* Maintain and Develop Electrical/Control specifications for new equipment
* Perform FAT and SAT activities as required on new equipment
* Maintain housekeeping standards and support EHS areas as required.
* Drive improvements and updates to Standard Operating Instructions, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Degree, with specialism in Control Systems
* Extensive experience Integrating and Modifying Programmable Logic Controllers, preferably covering Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Omron, Giddings & Lewis, Beckhoff and National Instruments
* Extensive experience Integrating and Modifying AC and DC Drive Controllers, preferably Allen Bradley and SSD/Parker Drives
* Hands-on role, involving Data logging & Analysis to integrate and modify control systems
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Excellent knowledge of Electrical systems gained through university, college and / or experience
* Experience with PLC’s, AC Vector Drives and DC Drive Controllers
* Experience with Safety wiring circuits / controllers ie PNOZ
* Preferably Qualified to 17th Edition and Extensive Experience working to BSEN 60204-1
* Willingness to train and learn new skills working on unique machinery
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist.
* Have ability to identify improvements within work area.
* Assess jobs and create relevant Risk Assessments where required
* Working knowledge of manufacturing process
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
* Demonstrable ability to work on various electrical and control systems, and able to adapt to any new equipment
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne