about 1 year ago
Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician
Requisition ID :2019-65323
Work Location :GB-Lancashire-Heysham
Department / Discipline : Electrical Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician with experience in the nuclear industry, to be located at our Heysham offices. Nuclear Energy provides high added value engineering, technical and safety case support to our customers’ nuclear operations. Its focus is on optimising continued safe operation and delivering lifetime extensions. This vacancy is with existing teams supporting major clients in the civil nuclear power generation industries.
Woods nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Skills / Qualifications
* HNC Qualification as a minimum within electrical/electronics Engineering (or equivalent)
* 17th edition BS7671
* Knowledge of CAD and Microsoft Office
* Facilities installations with an understanding of the following:
* Schematic diagrams
* General arrangements
* SLD / BCD / P&ID
* Cable schedules
* Building layout / containment drawings
* Earthing diagrams
* Load / cable schedules
* Testing and commissioning of control systems (highly beneficial)
* Safety critical understanding or having worked within a structured organisation (advantageous)
* Knowledge of HVAC systems (advantageous) or similar systems
* EDF site experience preferred i.e. Nuclear environment
* Experience of physical installation of electrical/C&I systems
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.