7 months ago
Electrical Assurance Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Assurance Lead to join our team as we embark on one of the most exciting and challenging construction projects in this country. The HPC project is likely to be the largest infrastructure project in Europe for the foreseeable future, and Site operations activities tend to be dynamic and fast paced, with only key deliverables appearing on an integrated work schedule. The ability to re-prioritise and restore service provision is a key deliverable in those circumstances.
This specific role will be responsible for:-
* Assuring the HPC site and Associated Developments utilities meet defined technical standards.
* Acting as an Electrical Discipline Subject Matter Expert.
We must deliver this project with a Zero Harm approach to Health & Safety, by working as one team. Safety is our priority, not just complying with legal requirements; we aim to make this the best project that you've ever worked on and need to know that we have your commitment to deliver your work in a safe and professional manner.
Nature and Scope
We seek an individual with an electrical background who has worked within heavy industry and/or highly regulated environments. You will have design awareness and be familiar with safe systems at work. You will be required to:-
* Liaise with the Designer, Construction Engineering and Site Engineering to develop and agree technical standards for Electrical utilities.
* Review technical designs and procedures to ensure the Electrical utilities will meet the required standards.
* Monitor adherence to the established standards.
* Assess suitability of persons submitted by NNB or Contractors for appointment as Persons. Provide technical recommendation on their appointment to the appointing person.
* Assess OEF to determine any applicable lessons for HPC or the wider NNB.
* Assure technical standards are met by setting standards and monitoring compliance.
This is a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join a company that will invest heavily in your development to make you a technical expert as well as give you exciting opportunities to progress your career by giving more responsibility. Within this role you will be:-
* Responsible for setting various technical standards for the installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical utilities.
* Responsible for monitoring adherence to the defined technical standards.
* Responsible for providing compelling advice in appropriate Electrical areas.
* Responsible for assessing and appointing Persons under the NNB Safety Rules.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
To be successful within this role, we would expect you to have some, if not all of the following knowledge and/or experience:-
* HV and LV electrical systems design, installation, testing and maintenance
* HV and LV electrical systems switching, isolation and control including Safety Rules
* Regulations and Codes of Practice including Electricity at Work Regs, BS 7671 IET Wiring Regulations and associated COP, National Grid Code, Electricity Connection Standards of Performance
* Health and Safety legislation including HASAWA, CDM
* Membership of relevant Professional body preferable (e.g. IET)