5 months ago
Electrical Assurance Lead
The HPC project is likely to be the largest infrastructure project in Europe for the foreseeable future, and Site operations activities tend to be dynamic and fast paced, with only key deliverables appearing on an integrated work schedule. This is due to the emerging nature of unplanned works that are created within service areas such as; transport, bussing, catering, facilities management and utilities provision – when a breakdown or system failure will often require immediate attention. The ability to re-prioritise and restore service provision is a key deliverable in those circumstances.
Site Operations is a stand-alone Multi-Disciplinary Team [MDT], that brings together Logistical and Business Support functions that due to the scope and complexity of the services it provides must fully integrate with all contractors and all other site based MDT’s and all Associated Developments. It must remain cognisant of the drive to engage with the local supply chain, and remain aligned with Pre-Construction Planning strategy and philosophy
This specific role will be responsible for;
Assuring the HPC site and Associated Developments utilities meet defined technical standards.
Acting as an Electrical Discipline Subject Matter Expert.
Nature and Scope
Liaise with the Designer, Construction Engineering and Site Engineering to develop and agree technical standards for Electrical utilities.
Review technical designs and procedures to ensure the Electrical utilities will meet the required standards.
Monitor adherence to the established standards.
Assess suitability of persons submitted by NNB or Contractors for appointment as Persons. Provide technical recommendation on their appointment to the appointing person.
Assess OEF to determine any applicable lessons for HPC or the wider NNB.
Assure technical standards are met by setting standards and monitoring compliance.
* Responsible for setting various technical standards for the installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical utilities.
* Responsible for monitoring adherence to the defined technical standards.
* Responsible for providing compelling advice in appropriate Electrical areas.
* Responsible for assessing and appointing Persons under the NNB Safety Rules.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
* Knowledge & experience of HV and LV electrical systems design, installation, testing and maintenance
* Knowledge & experience of HV and LV electrical systems switching, isolation and control including Safety Rules
* Knowledge of appropriate Regulations and Codes of Practice including Electricity at Work Regs, BS 7671 IET Wiring Regulations and associated COP, National Grid Code, Electricity Connection Standards of Performance
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including HASAWA, CDM
* Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
* Membership of relevant Professional body preferable (e.g. IET)