10 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Electrical and Instrumentation Project Manager
Your responsibilities need to include:
* Managing all aspects of a given project from assignment through project completion including all contractual obligation.
* Reviewing and understanding of proposal and scope of works.
* Reviewing of project plans, specifications and project estimates with team members.
* Developing and adhering to all project routines and procedures and full implementation of all agreed common project standards.
* Managing the project/construction management, which includes manpower planning, construction progress monitoring, preparation of master schedule and mobilisation curve, material take off cost control and invoice preparation.
* Coordinating with the client, engineering department and procurement department on any procurement or budget control issue.
* Interpreting and studying the construction and technical drawings.
* Involving and overseeing the tender cost estimation.
* Being involve in testing of electrical and instrument systems, commissioning of power distribution and terminal automation system.
* Evaluating and authorising changes that facilitate achievement of safe, timely project completion and within budget.
* Planning, leading and monitoring progress and performance against the project plan.
* Managing ongoing relationships with external contractors so that the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
* Analysing project reports and approve project issues within the limit of authority.
* Ensuring that organisation and government standards on safety are met.
* Ensuring that customer quality specifications are constantly met.
* Allocating capital and human resources to maximise productivity.
* Supervising and implementing project expense, other assets and resources within budget.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role within construction industry.
* Knowledge of construction processes.
* Ability to read and interpret construction documents, plans and specification.
* Supervisory skills to plan, direct, organise and control the activities of others with limited supervision.
* Strong communicator with people skills.
* Good IT skills.
* A degree qualification in engineering, electrical or construction management is preferred but is not essential.
* Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”