about 1 month ago
Requisition ID :2020-71668
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-London
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-London | GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow | GB-Midlothian-Edinburgh
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector we are seeking a talented and motivated EIA professional to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team as part of our enthusiastic and supportive Offshore Wind team.
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join Wood if you want to develop your EIA and DCO project management experience. Our team has a proven track record of delivering consents for high profile offshore wind projects and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in this exciting market. You will be joining a company with:
* Industry wide DCO experience and with a passion to drive innovative approaches to environmental assessment.
* An unrivalled market position built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery.
* An extensive portfolio of projects worldwide offering exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space.
The pace will be challenging but it will be rewarding and there are significant opportunities for career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business. we have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space.
What you will be working on
Being flexible and willing to take the lead on a range of work for our offshore wind clients is a requirement but this will bring opportunities to develop your experience in a range of areas including site selection work, managing EIA and providing consenting advice. It is likely that this role will evolve over time and there will also be opportunities to play an active role in shaping the future direction of offshore wind in Wood. The main responsibilities are to:
* Lead or support project teams to deliver EIA and provide consenting advice for offshore wind projects at various stages of the project lifecycle.
* Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development activities to develop our existing clients and win new work.
* Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will have:
* Development Consent Order experience as well as familiarity with the Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations and have some experience of leading project work from Scoping to Examination.
* Experience in coordinating specialist technical input to deliver carefully considered, high quality EIA’s for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore wind sector.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
* An established network in the offshore wind industry
* Accomplished people management skills particularly coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience in budget management and reporting.
* Willingness to travel, including possible international travel.*
The successful candidate will have:
* A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA.
* Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study) (Desirable).
* Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body.(Desirable)