about 1 year ago
EHS Manager - Teesside
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Location: Teesside (Billingham and Stockton)
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a FTSE 100 speciality chemicals company with a market capitalisation of £6.4bn. It is a leader in sustainable technologies, underpinned by science and with a reputation for world class innovation. Founded in 1817, Johnson Matthey has grown to a company employing circa 13,000 people with operations in over thirty countries worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated EHS Manager to provide leadership on site EHS strategy and to develop effective working practices that supports the continuous improvement in EHS culture and performance throughout JM Teesside.
You will lead a dedicated team to provide best practice EHS guidance and risk management to a class leading standard, in support of a diverse range of activities such as capital project design and construction, technology development, research, manufacturing, site operations, health management and environmental protection.
* Provide leadership on site EHS strategy to develop effective working practices that improve EHS culture throughout JM Teesside.
* Utilise EHS expertise to manage and provide EHS Guidance to support the delivery of business activities undertaken on the Teesside Sites.
* Maintain and enhance Site EHS Systems and cross functional policies to enable the multi-businesses on site and where appropriate associated JM businesses, to operate effectively in accordance with JM Group EHS Standards and Policies.
* Accountable for the provision of statistical data and reporting into Group EHS, ensuring Group mandated actions, safety policies and training requirements are complied with and implemented.
* Provide, maintain and enhance the Environmental Management System to maintain ISO 14001:2015 Standard and to ensure legislative and Group compliance, permitting requirements and sustainability targets are met.
* Lead engagement with the Health & Safety Executive and Environmental Agency to maintain effective working relationships in line with Responsible Care expectations.
* Appointed Responsible Duty Holder for Legionella, Asbestos and Fire, including accountability for Teesside Sites Emergency Preparedness.
* Responsibility for ensuring Wellbeing and Occupational Health systems and processes are appropriately maintained and continuously improved.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* Proven professional EHS experience within a relevant industry.
* Experience of dealing with regulatory bodies, including the HSE and Environmental Agency.
* You will have experience of managing across multiple sites and leading a team.
* Behavioural competences: team working, consulting skills, customer orientation, communication and presentation skills, influencing and negotiation skills, cultural awareness and leadership.
* Broad knowledge and understanding of Chemistry is desirable.
* An environmental qualification and experience of COMAH is desirable.
* Experience in driving improvements in Behavioural Safety and culture.
* Science or Engineering Degree.
NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.