about 1 year ago
EDMS Specialist (SOL000039)
: United Kingdom-West Midlands-Solihull
: Information Technology
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
The EDMS Specialist post will expand the existing team’s capability to host and service projects on ProjectWise. The role will be based in Solihull Campus and will service the UKMEA and Europe regions of the firm.
The post holder will assist with the day to day role out of ProjectWise on projects as well as help steer future developments. The expansion is being driven by the increasing up take of ProjectWise being the preferred CDE (Common Data Environment) for clients and internal teams; we expect its usage to grow in the future.
The individual will be the 3rd line support to the TSG Technical Software Support Team, dealing with complex queries and acting as a source of knowledge to them. The role will sit within Technical Software Group (TSG) reporting to TSG Management.
We require an individual who has excellent written and verbal skills who can explain complex issues in a simple manner to non-technical staff and clients. A flexible, adaptable approach to dealing with a high volume of calls and changing priorities is essential. You will work closely with 2nd line support and vendors in both resolving issues and distributing knowledge across Arup. You will have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders, so you must be comfortable communicating with individuals from all levels and ensure a high level of customer experience throughout.
The post holder will undertake the following tasks:
· Managing project requests/enquiries to help win work by explaining the benefits of using a CDE (Common Data Environment)
· Setting up as well as configuring new and existing projects
· Must have experience of application configuration
· Provide 3rd line support by managing support requests via ServiceNow for ProjectWise
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from different discipline backgrounds and varied technical skill levels
· Be a key point of contact for escalated issues and ambassador for improvement
· Knowledge share with 2nd line support to increase the teams understanding and provide guidance
· Liaise with 2nd line support to resolve issues logged with vendors
· Keep up to date with software support products and supplier changes
· Identify trends and create working solutions
· Assisting with ProjectWise IT hardware and software installations
· Ensure that service requests are fulfilled within the required SLA
Requirements and skills
* At least 5+ year’s CAD experience
* Must come from a strong CAD engineering background preferably Infrastructure or Civils
* Experienced in providing technical support
* Able to interface with numerous software applications
* Must have an understanding of BS1192 / PAS1192 and industry standards
* A good understanding of BIM in regards to CDE (Common Data Environment)
* A proven track record to develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high paced environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities to provide accurate resolutions
* Ability to work well within a team
* High level of attention to detail
* Meticulously organised and prioritise workload
* Professional oral and written communication skills; able to adapt their communication style based on the audience
* Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn, work with new technologies and impart knowledge to others
* Flexible approach to work in order to deal with change
* Drive improvements for procedures and process
* Good IT skills; Window (PC), Windows servers etc.
* Awareness of ServiceNow or similar IT Service Management systems
* Good working knowledge of design application software like Bentley Autodesk and or GIS
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.