8 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the country’s rail network. The contract award includes over £700million for the transformation of the South Wales Metro whereby the valley lines will be electrified and associated infrastructure and stations upgraded. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a major rail project from the earliest design stages to construction and operation.
We are developing a Cardiff based team of ecologists to deliver the extensive protected species survey requirements, to draft Ecological Impact Assessments and protected species licence applications associated with the Transport for Wales Contract. The role will require the applicant to be comfortable in working closely with Natural Resources Wales Protected Species team and the County Ecologists, situated across five unitary authorities. In addition, it is anticipated that the ecology team will undertake all ECoW duties during construction and deliver & monitor all protected species mitigation requirements. The role will focus on working with engineering design teams helping to de-risk design prior to approval and providing a technical input into planning applications in the form of survey reports and technical summaries.
* A degree in Ecology, Zoology, Botany, Biology, Environmental Science (with a strong ecology focus) or similar/equivalent;
* Ability to demonstrate previous experience in a professional ecological consultancy role;
* Membership of a Professional Body at an applicable level;
* Experience and expertise in protected species surveys;
* Experience in drafting ecological reports; including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments and Method Statements;
* Thorough understanding of UK wildlife legislation;
* EPS Mitigation licence application experience;
* Invasive species survey and management;
* Health and Safety awareness, especially safe working practices and risk assessment related to ecology fieldwork;
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders and design team colleagues;
* Experience in planning and resourcing ecological surveys;
* A full UK driving licence.
* Protected species licence holder or working towards same (especially bats);
* Working toward Full membership of a relevant Professional Body and chartership;
* Personal Track Safety and rail experience;
* Experience of working in Wales and Welsh nature conservation legislation.