7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Junior C & I Engineer with experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry.
* Review and analyse technical documentation from international vendors in conjunction with domestic, international and harmonised standards requirements
* Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies and other safety case supporting documentation
* Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings
* Develop Requirements specifications, technical specifications and other design related documentation for major C&I projects.
* Perform and analyse discipline specific calculations for system studies
* Ensure successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
* Demonstrate focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promises
* Manage own work within associated project budgets
* Anticipates technical risks associated with own work and discusses how to manage these with Responsible Engineer or Team Leader
* Support the development of proposals and tenders by providing accurate estimates of work
* Maintain and develop successful working relationships with engineers at own level within client organisations
* Continually develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise, and seeks to develop skill portfolio
* Works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualified engineer (or accomplished engineer through apprentice route with 5+ years’ relevant experience)
* Develop technical knowledge and experience leading to Chartered or incorporated engineer status, or membership of a relevant professional body
* Experience of a consultancy environment specifically focused on process plant, control & instrumentation and associated safety case in a highly regulated industry
* Knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
* Knowledge of SMART instruments, Software and Hardware Equipment Qualification techniques or Cyber Security an advantage
* Experience of process systems or C&I design an advantage
* Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
* Maintains and develops knowledge, capability and competence in latest engineering standards and techniques
* Proactive and autonomous whilst understanding limits of knowledge and experience
* Flexible to travel to various sites around the UK for both long and short durations.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.