6 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Electrical Engineer with experience in the nuclear industry. We are looking for someone who is a recent Graduate, apporectice or junior within the industries and who is looking for development and exposure within the nuclear industry.
The Wood nuclear business provides specialist engineering, safety case support and project management to our customers’ operations within the Nuclear Sector. We have long term relationships with several major clients in the civil nuclear and defence industries.
We have opportunities to work across a variety of nuclear projects at all stages of the project life cycle, from initial planning to end of life decommissioning.
You will be joining an organisation that delivers an integrated customer solution that draws upon the global Wood skills base and our supply chain partners. For talented professionals it is a chance to shape the future of the nuclear sector across the world.
There are significant opportunities for Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineers to join our teams throughout the UK at all levels, from Graduate to Technical Lead, to work as part of integrated project teams to delivering high quality engineering services to clients across the Nuclear Sector.
Typical Work Activities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction.
* Power distribution, Panel / motor / cable sizing, layouts and supporting calculations (Amtech, etc…).
* Electrical system design, commissioning and testing.
* Design, configuration, implementation & testing of SCADA systems.
* Understanding of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques including FMEA, FTA, HAZID, HAZOP.
* Production/checking of design basis documents, input to P&ID's and preparation of SIDD.
* Instrumentation design.
* Undertaking of SIL assessments in accordance with EN 61508.
* Contribute / produce Design Substantiation Report (DSR) addressing the Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs).
* Interfacing between other technical disciplines.
* Prepare specification documents.
* Carry out site surveys of plant and equipment and document the results.
* Plan and manage own engineering design and assessment work within constraints of project time and schedule.
* Managing & attending SHE reviews under CDM Regulations 2015
* Design change management.
* Assist with technical input for the proposals / tenders.
* On occasions, provide support to Software, C&I and System Safety Engineers for the development and testing of code migration & dynamic model/simulation environments.
Skills / Qualifications
Essential Skills and Experience
* HNC, HND or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Membership of an appropriate Institute.
* A comprehensive knowledge of the IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671
* Knowledge and experience of a broad range of C&I equipment and its application in both conventional and safety related applications.
* The technical ability to work through problems from basic principles.
* Experience working in a highly regulated industry.
* Previous experience as part of a dedicated or multi-discipline design team.
* Committed to Continuous Professional Development.
* Ability to work unsupervised.
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Candidates will ideally have Demonstrable experience in Nuclear Engineering work would be an advantage, although experience of EC&I engineering from another industry or an EC&I engineering degree will also be considered.
* Proficiency in CAD.
* Must be at able to achieve SC clearance, with eligibility for DV clearance.
* Lead E,C&I Engineer
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.