9 months ago
Title : EC&I Designer
Requisition ID :2019-35240
Work Location :GB-Cumbria-Whitehaven
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Electrical
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continued success, an excellent opportunity has arisen to join Wood’s Nuclear Decommissioning business, based in our Westlakes office on the edge of the Lake District in Cumbria.
As a result of an increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities to join our team and support a range of interesting and challenging projects within our Nuclear business.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The Nuclear Decommissioning business provides technical, scientific and project management services for major clients across the civil nuclear industry, including variuos clients. We are proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term.
* A EC&I Designer is required on a Cyber Security Project which will provide a number of capabilities to support the defence in depth model of our client.
* Ideally the individual will be a P4 Pass holder; SC cleared.
* The role is based in West Cumbria
* This person must be capable of working with minimal direct supervision and have experience of taking site surveys. CAD experience is fundamental and nuclear experience is preferable but not essential.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with client specifications and engineering standards. The role works alongside the EC&I Engineers and PES Engineers to ensure scope changes are captured.
* Responsible, in co-operation with the EC&I Engineers / PEMs, for the production of all conceptual designs, design schemes and detail drawings and associated design documentation.
* Maintains compliance with Engineering Standards and applicable legislation
* To have participation in Design Reviews where they are to ensure that subsequent design are captured and drawings updated.
* Ensuring the confidentiality and security of data and information received from clients
* Liaise with the EC&I Engineers to ensure effective project delivery to time
* Maintain a general overview of their project and provide some direction on project progress.
Skills / Qualifications
* Educated to HNC / HND in a relevant engineering discipline & member of an appropriate institute.
* A 3 year (or above) EC&I apprentice with good CAD skills would be acceptable.
* Currently BS or SC security cleared.
The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum baseline personnel security standard clearance
The role holder should preferably hold SC clearance or have started their application, with the belief that there should be no grounds for this level of clearance to be denied.
Current possession of a P4 Cumbria, North West pass and security ‘SC’ Level would be ideal.
Experience of design delivery.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.