5 months ago
Project Engineer – Civil - Rail
Bicester / Milton Keynes
Laing O’Rourke has a requirement for a Project Engineer to join our East West Rail project in Bicester. This is an exciting opportunity to join the East West Rail Project Phase 2 Programme, an alliance of three exceptional companies and Network Rail as the client. East West Rail Phase 2 is a £1.2 billion programme providing a strategic route linking key cities Oxford, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and Bedford. The programme consists of a new station at Winslow, two new platforms at Bletchley, 18 new overbridges, 22 new footbridges or subways and changes to 97 railway crossings.
The Project Engineer for Section will initially support accelerated works activities, planning and procurement of main works. They will provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to the EWR strategy. They will manage Senior Engineers and assist the Construction / Project Manager in all construction operations.
• Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Wellbeing department
• Assist with temporary works
• Monitor the work to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with project policies and procedures are promptly remedied
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / team, together with our supply chain
• Advise engineers on methods and techniques
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works
• Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay
• Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided
• Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, sub-contractor’s attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / project team
The role is working in a civil engineering, rail sector project. It is a self-delivery operation with most of the workforce employed by the joint venture partners. There is a large section of route being develop and the Project Engineer with be responsible for approximately 6 miles. This involves stabilisation work, enhancements, structures refurbishment, highways and rail systems.
Don’t match all the criteria? We are always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities. In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally-focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O’Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O’Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.