6 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
To manage the early phase engagement and strategies to secure opportunities for BHGE Oilfield Equipment (OFE) Subsea Systems. The early phase development group is tasked with developing opportunities from Demand to Inquiry (DTI) stage covering customer concept, pre FEED and FEED studies, where appropriate, and manage customer interaction in conjunction with the Sales Organisation.
* The Business manager will be responsible for prospecting existing and new clients to secure new contracts through relationship building with customers, understanding their CTQ’s and influencing their execution and specifications through early engagement.
* The Subsea Field Development Manager ‘SURF’ will drive 'solutions' within the organisation to meet customer CTQ's for project execution.
* As part of OFE Early Engagement Strategic Council provide guidance and strategy setting around the SURF inputs to Subsea Developments.
* In conjunction with the sales team and leveraging the early customer engagement process to pro-actively set actionable customer strategies in order to maximize future commercial benefits for the customer and BHGE Oil & Gas.
* Screening potential business deals by researching market strategies, deal requirements and financials, whilst evaluating options, resolving internal priorities and recommending actions to win business.
* Increase OFE visibility in the market place through technical presentations to potential customers with a view to performing PreFEED & FEED studies.
* Liaise with Sales to manage the customer interaction and communication plans.
* Develop, coordinate and manage technical sales plans, commercial offerings and strategies for Companys selling proposition within Subsea Systems business.
* Determine project feasibility, overall structure and product interfaces for a strong system offering.
* Prepare and update project targets through Timelines to Project award, Investment requirements (e.g. Local Content, NPI), prioritisation to support management review and approval of targets.
* Co-ordinate with Product Management teams to determine best product application for each opportunity including cross GE product supply.
* Develop sourcing and manufacturing strategies with functional organizations to meet project requirements, identifying targets for slot planning.
* Coordinate with Product Managers to develop New Product Introduction (NPI) & Product Line Extension (PLE) programs in line with customer requirements.
* Promote and secure business aligned with the organisation structured product offerings, minimizing risks in execution.
* Participate in trade shows and provide technical competence in customer discussions.
* Lead the transactional deal process having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals as well as fully manage associated contractual issues that arise over the life of the project.
* Provide leadership during the deal review process to ensure that all technical risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording.
* Interface with the Region Sales teams to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals.
* Coordinate the output of proposals to insure the production schedule dates are met and that a quality proposal is issued to the customer.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. Business Management, Mechanical Engineering, Marketing)
* Strong combined experience in commercial and technical roles within the Subsea industry
* Strong Technical Knowledge with Commercial and contractual skills
* Previous experience in Oil & Gas front end customer engagement, tendering and team management
* Relevant experience in sales, commercial operations, risk or marketing
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Health, Safety, Security & Environment awareness
* Proven track record of Field Development management and execution
* Good verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills
* Excellent networking and team working skills with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience in subsea/Oil & Gas projects and/or operations
* Knowledge of how transactions affect the business model (both BHGE and customer)
* Knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
* Industry knowledge / competitive landscape understanding at a transaction level
* Ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
* Must be willing to travel
Locations: United Kingdom; Houston