about 1 year ago
This role will involve collecting refuse and recycling from residential properties and disposing of refuse in designated areas. You will maintain the best operational relationship between the public, other customers and client representatives by dealing courteously with complaints and enquiries.
What will this role involve?
* Collect refuse/recycling from requested locations and dispose of at the appropriate waste collection sites
* Carry out daily vehicle inspections and complete appropriate paperwork
* Drive / load as directed
* Operate the compaction controls of a company vehicle when required
* Operate the ‘in cab device’
* Ensure that were premises, gates, barriers are unlocked to gain access and they are relocked, paying particular attention to the safeguarding of keys
* Cleaning rubbish irresponsibly dumped (i.e. fly tipped)
* Carry out and assist with Loading responsibilities as required
* Work as a member of a team and receive any instructions from Supervisors and communicate them to other crew members
* Ensure paperwork is completed fully and passed to relevant Supervisor
* Ensure the satisfactory completion of work in accordance with instructions
* Ensure compliance with both company vehicle policy and all legislative requirements
* Be compliant with Health and Safety at work requirements
* Give advice, guidance and assistance to new or inexperienced staff
* Carry out any reasonable task or other duties and responsibilities as may be required
* At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties with regard to the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy
We’re looking for someone who holds a full Category C Driving Licence with driving experience, and have a CPC qualification and experience of Digital Tachograph Card. You should have experience of working within a team, and have a flexible approach to work as well as great customer service skills. You should have a good awareness and knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
The shift patterns are:
* Monday to Thursday - 06:45am till 16:00pm
* Friday - 06:45am till 13:30pm