5 months ago
Job number: UK15349
Company/Division: Power Transmission Distribution
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a DRAUGHTSPERSON to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Derby.
To support the Digital delivery of the Viking Link Project in line with document control procedures and facing the design function. Following company/client/government standards and procedures relating to Digital and integrating into the information management system within the Project to deliver a successful Digital project.
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
* Support the Digital delivery of the project;
* Support and educate people, implement process and use technology during construction phase; and developing the model into an as built model with data attached to it for the future operations and maintenance when the scheme is handed over to the maintainer;
* Support with educating the project team and Supply Chain members for the use and development of the Project Information Model Graphical and Non Graphical (3D Model);
* Support the project team to implement processes/culture/technology: which can be used during the life of the project in reviewing potential conflicts, and work with the team in resolving the issues.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Apprentice with GCSE / A Levels aligned to Civils Engineer / IT Function or Collaboration;
* Project and educational experience;
* Can demonstrate technical ability with the use of DIGITAL Software applications;
* Keen to learn, develop to support member of the project team;
* Proactively working towards Technician Membership or Professional;
* Good communication skills;
* Can demonstrate any IT software skills;
* Ability to form effective relationships with the project team, supply chain partners and clients under time pressure.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.