about 1 month ago
Drainage Performance Technician (14939)
Job ID: 14939
Location: Rochdale UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Working closely with the Drainage Performance Engineer and in collaboration with the respective Drainage Delivery Engineer and Technician and Further Work Technician to develop a robust drainage network improvement plan, you will improve overall drainage performance and provide excellent customer satisfaction. You will also act as the local day-to-day technical expert for all aspects of the drainage network.
You will be responsible for responding to primarily planned work on the Wastewater Network and reactive work as required. Analysing drainage data to identify failure trends, taking corrective action to improve overall drainage performance (SIM/Cmex, ODI; Cash; Health and Safety). You will also be responsible for:
* Proactively identifying repeat incidents and implementing necessary interventions to stop repeat failures.
* Facilitating the investigation of all incidents and asset failures to identify root cause and action possible solutions, escalating to the Drainage Performance Engineer, as required.
* Developing, reviewing and optimising maintenance schedules / planned / proactive programmes of work.
* Identifying investment needs on the Wastewater Network, and create problem notes for Very Small Projects (VSP'S) or
mitigation, and raise planned Serviceability works, and send to Project Engineer, as required.
* Identifying, implementing and reviewing planned cyclic maintenance programmes for Ancillaries, in order of minimising the
number of incidents and asset failures
* Maintaining awareness of operational expenditure and the need to keep within budget constraints
* Building an awareness of the availability of M&E assets in the area through regular communication with the Technical
Officer and Wastewater Network Maintenance team.
* Identifying trends associated with poor performance and develop proactive performance improvement plans.
* Drafting written responses to customers, MPs, Councillors and other key stakeholders.
* Take ownership of escalated customer problems and manage customer expectations accordingly.
* Deputising for Drainage Performance Engineer regarding escalated complaints / problems on the Network including health and safety matters on the Wastewater Sewer Network amongst other things, as and when required.
* Ensuring compliance with UUW health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
* Ensuring compliance with the flooding, blockage, odour, pollution, collapse, defective apparatus, ancillaries and further works policies and procedures, and Environment Agency protocol.
* Providing technical support and guidance to Delivery teams and other team members, as required.
* Participate on the standby rota
Knowledge and Skills
To be considered for this role you will hold a BTEC in Sewerage Engineering (or equivalent recognised qualification) or be willing to work towards this within a specified timescale determined by the business. Knowledge of Health and Safety, including CDM, NRSWA, Manual Handling & confined spaces is required. You will also have:
* Extensive knowledge and experience of day-to-day Drainage System and associated maintenance techniques.
* Good understanding of IT systems and their capabilities.
* Commercial awareness
* Excellent wastewater regulatory understanding.
* Good understanding of the Network Maintenance Alliances / Service providers.
* Excellent communication including report writing and presentation skills
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good team working.
* Ability to interface with customers, and provide excellent customer service.
* Capable of using own initiative and working under pressure.
* Excellent time management and organisational skills - able to work to deadline and achieve personal objectives.
* Full UK driving licence.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 31/08/20